Friday, October 15, 2010

Functions, Functions, Functions!

I thought it was perfect that we used functions as examples in class the other day because I am teaching functions right now! On Monday I plan to use the Fun with Functions activity as a review before a quick quiz.  Hopefully my class will be able to handle the activity especially just coming off of homecoming week...

Anyways, in order to implement this activity, the key will be to deliver clear and concise directions.  Its basically a matching game but there are different parts to mix together.  It can get very confusing and I can see myself giving directions and then 5 minutes later having 20 children yelling at me saying they don't understand.

The benefit of this fun little activity? its not book work! Lately when my class pisses me off, I set them to work in the books. THEY HATE THIS.  I on the other hand love it.  Not copies and minimal management issues.  So this will be yet another opportunity for my kiddos to prove me wrong and show me that they can handle fun activities.  Plus I am giving a quiz the same day and this will be a good review.

let's see how this goes!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how it goes! Instructions are definitely key.

    ReplyDelete