Monday, November 14, 2011

I Hate My Kids, But I Love 'Em

I hate my kids but I love ‘em.
I hate my kids because they come in loud first thing in the morning, but I love ‘em because they will share their breakfast when I forget mine.
I hate my kids because they talk during CNN student news and don't care what's happening in the world, but I love ‘em because they ask random questions such as "Ms. Jones I know the Tsunami took people back into the ocean but are they really still alive?!"
I hate my kids because they come to school with no pencil, but I love ‘em because they refuse to do any math work in pen.
I hate my kids but I love ‘em.

I hate my kids because they laugh at inappropriate times, but I love ‘em because they can make me laugh even after my worse period.
I hate my kids because they slouch in their desks and act like the don't care, but I love ‘em because I know that deep down they do.
I hate my kids because if asked to do 10 problems they say "It’s slow!" But I love ‘em because 5 min later I will find them working hard and asking me if they are doing it correctly.
I hate my kids but I love ‘em.

I hate my kids because they make me feel like I am wasting my time trying to teach them anything, but I love ‘em because they always ask “Where you was?” when I take a sick day.
I hate my kids because they make me want to scream, slap, or punch someone, but I love ‘em because I know 9 times out of 10 it is not their fault.
I hate my kids because I know they can make a choice to improve their situation and leave Hollandale for good, but I love ‘em because I know really they have very little say in it all.
I hate my kids but I love ‘em.

I hate my kids because they fall asleep in class, but I love ‘em because I know how hard it must be to raise two kids and be in the 10th grade.
I hate my kids because of the intense rage that bursts out of them, but I love ‘em because they were never shown the correct way to deal with anger or frustration.
I hate my kids 90% of the day, but I love ‘em because in the end, they are just kids and have so much to learn.
I hate my kids, but I love ‘em.

No comments:

Post a Comment